Join other motivated players in the Northern Tigers FC Development Squads in 2019. SELECTION IS BY INVITATION ONLY.
The aim of the program is to expose players to quality coaching and the Northern Tigers philosophy to promote player development. Our goal is to work with clubs to develop players and further raise the standard of NSFA football.
The Development Squad is a training environment only, players still register to train and play with a local NSFA Club. The Development Squads will run on Friday’s in Term 1, 2 & 3 in 2019 and cater for players born from 2006 to 2011.
Squad sizes will be limited.
TWO VENUES – North Turramurra Recreation Area (NTRA) and Charles Bean – both quality synthetic surfaces.
Northern Tigers Commitment
– Appoint accredited development coaches
– Develop an annual Development Squad training plan
– Provide quality training facilities and resources
– Monitor coach performance
– Provide a dedicated administrator and online management system
– Provide player feedback
– Create development squads with similar ability/stage of development
– Provide opportunities for training experiences with the NT/NSFA SAP Squads
Development Squad Coach Commitment
– Safe and enjoyable development environment
– Challenge the players
– Follow the Development Squad training plan
– Identify high performing players to train with the NT/NSFA SAP squads
– Attend all training sessions
– Arrive to training on time and prepared
– Wear the 2019 Development Squad training kit
– 100% mental and physical effort
– Respect the game, coaches, players
To register for these SAP programs, players must reside within boundaries of either the Northern Suburbs Football Association or Central Coast Football, as per Football NSW regulations. Proof of residency is required at the time of registration.
2019 Development Squad Player Selection Process
Players will be identified for the Development Squads via
- Talent ID sessions
- Trials on October 21st
- NSFA representatives attend local NSFA games to observe players participating in a familiar environment.
- NSFA request clubs to identify and recommend potentially talented players at their club against a set of criteria.
- Players identified at NSFA XLR8 programs – XLR8 Info – Click Here
Northern Tigers will run development squads at two venues; Lindfield and North Turramurra on Friday afternoons. Development squad will be for girls and boys aged 2011 to 2006. It is an invitation only program.
What is the Northern Tigers Development Squad Program?
The aim of the program is to expose players to quality coaching and the Northern Tigers philosophy to promote player development.
The Development Squad is a training environment only, players can still register to train and play with a local NSFA Club.
What is the difference between the NTRA and Charles Bean Development Squads?
The Northern Tigers Technical Director is responsible for both development squad programs ensuring consistency across both programs, including but not limited to: football philosophy, coaching quality and style, periodised annual season plans, and training.
The only differences between Charles Bean Development Squad and NTRA Development Squad
- Coaches –have their own unique and dedicated coaching teams (both equivalent in standard).
- Training locations:
- NT SAP: Charles Bean Sportsground (Lindfield)
- NSFA SAP: NTRA (North Turramurra)
Who can trial for NT SAP, NSFA SAP, NT Girls Only SAP?
Only players living in the NSFA region (within the Met Far North State Titles boundaries) are eligible represent NT SAP, NSFA SAP and NT Girls Only SAP. Proof of residential address will be required when selected. Please note this is a FNSW regulation.
Can a child register to play for a local club team and SAP at the same time during 2019?
Yes our development squad is a training only program. Players are expected to play with a NSFA club.
Which Development Squad should you trial for?
You can trial/play for whichever development squad you would prefer. Given they are run identically; the point of difference is the training location. Most people will choose based on the most convenient training location.
When, where and what time are the training sessions?
|Term 1 2019||Fri 8 Feb||Fri 15 Feb||Fri 22 Feb||Fri 1 Mar||Fri 8 Mar||Fri 15 Mar||Fri 22 Mar||Fri 29 Mar||Fri 5 Apr||Fri 12 Apr|
|Term 2 2019||Fri 3 May||Fri 10 May||Fri 17 May||Fri 24 May||Fri 31 May||Fri 7 Jun||Fri 14 Jun||Fri 21 Jun||Fri 28 Jun||Fri 5 Jul|
|Term 3 2019||Fri 26 Jul||Fri 2 Aug||Fri 9 Aug||Fri 16 Aug||Fri 23 Aug||Fri 30 Aug||Fri 6 Sep||Fri 13 Sep||Fri 20 Sep||Fri 27 Sep|
|4.30pm to 5.30pm||Boys 2011|
|4.30pm to 5.30pm||Boys 2010|
|4.30pm to 5.30pm||Boys 2009|
|4.30pm to 5.30pm||Girls 2009 to 2011|
|5.30pm to 6.30pm||Boys 2008|
|5.30pm to 6.30pm||Boys 2007|
|5.30pm to 6.30pm||Boys 2006|
|5.30pm to 6.30pm||Girls 2006 to 2008|
|4pm to 5pm||Boys 2011|
|4pm to 5pm||Boys 2010|
|4pm to 5pm||Boys 2009|
|4pm to 5pm||Girls 2009 to 2011|
|5pm to 6pm||Boys 2008|
|5pm to 6pm||Boys 2007|
|5pm to 6pm||Boys 2006|
|5pm to 6pm||Girls 2006 to 2008|
What are the development squad fees?
$545 for 30 sessions including kit (shirt, shorts and socks). Players also have the option of purchasing a tracksuit for $90.