Join other motivated players in the Northern Tigers FC Development Squads in 2021. SELECTION IS BY INVITATION ONLY.
The aim of the program is to expose players to quality coaching and the Northern Tigers philosophy to promote player development. Our goal is to work with clubs to develop players and further raise the standard of NSFA football.
The Development Squad is a training environment only, players still register to train and play with a local NSFA Club. The Development Squads will run on Fridays in Term 1, 2 & 3 in 2021 and cater for players born from 2007 to 2013.
Squad sizes will be limited.
Development squads will be run at North Turramurra Recreation Area (NTRA) and Charles Bean Oval, Lindfield.
Northern Tigers Commitment
– Appoint accredited development coaches
– Develop an annual Development Squad training plan
– Provide quality training facilities and resources
– Monitor coach performance
– Provide a dedicated administrator and online management system
– Provide player feedback
– Create development squads with similar ability/stage of development
– Provide opportunities for training experiences with the NT SAP Squads
Development Squad Coach Commitment
– Safe and enjoyable development environment
– Challenge the players
– Follow the Development Squad training plan
– Identify high performing players to train with the NT squads
– Attend all training sessions
– Arrive to training on time and prepared
– Wear the 2021 Development Squad training kit
– 100% mental and physical effort
– Respect the game, coaches, players
To register for these SAP programs, players must reside within boundaries of either the Northern Suburbs Football Association or Central Coast Football, as per Football NSW regulations. Proof of residency is required at the time of registration.
2021 Development Squad Player Selection Process
Players will be identified for the Development Squads via
- Invitation by selection – Click here to register your interest for our 2021 Development Squads.
- NSFA representatives attend local NSFA games to observe players participating in a familiar environment.
- NSFA request clubs to identify and recommend potentially talented players at their club against a set of criteria.
- Players identified at NSFA XLR8 programs – XLR8 Info – Click Here
Northern Tigers will run development squads at North Turramurra and Charles Bean Oval on Friday afternoons. Development squad will be for girls and boys aged 2013 to 2007. It is an invitation only program.
What is the Northern Tigers Development Squad Program?
The aim of the program is to expose players to quality coaching and the Northern Tigers philosophy to promote player development.
The Development Squad is a training environment only, players can still register to train and play with a local NSFA Club.
Who can trial for NT Development Squads?
Development Squads are an underpinning program for the NT SAP and NT Girls Only SAP. Only players living in the NSFA region (within the Met Far North State Titles boundaries) are eligible represent NT SAP and NT Girls Only SAP. Proof of residential address will be required when selected. Please note this is a FNSW regulation.
Can a child register to play for a local club team and Development Squads at the same time?
Yes our development squad is a training only program. Players are expected to play with a NSFA club.
When, where and what time are the training sessions?
Term 1: Fri 5th February to Fri 26th March
Term 2: Fri 30th April to Fri 2nd July
Term 3: Fri 23rd July to Fri 24th Sep
Times: 4pm to 5pm or 5pm to 6pm – depending on the age group (older groups in the second hour).
Locations: North Turramurra Recreation Area or Charles Bean Oval, Lindfield.
What are the development squad fees?
$620 for 28+ sessions, including kit (shirt, shorts, socks and tracksuit), $520 without kit for returning players.